Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The girl moves and boy does she move

So as promised the van arrived at 10 , and we where off .
From that point so much happened so fast. I have no idea which way we drove then as we turned onto a dirt road I knew we where close.

The meeting was amazing but very much a blurr as time felt like it speed up.
She is still so tiny and loves loves to move her Nurse gave her a small plastic chair which she held onto and zipped all around the room.

She was a bit reserved but calm. They dressed her up in a very cute dress with a matching hat which she would take off every time the nurses would put it back on her.
She had a bit of a cough but not that deep she also keep pulling on her ears hope it was just teeth trying to come as to my surprise she still has none.

The room had about 12 babies and toddlers in the room and by the end I was ready to take them all home with us. Time store still but I think we where in the room for about an hour.

We where all told the rules about not touching the babies but the way it was set up that turned out to be impossible ( not a complaint ) as I was put in front of her to play and babies crawl and tumble, you have to catch then don't you ?

Also at one point the cutest 8-10 year old came in and she was carrying A ,and she did not speak English but she looked at me and said "Kaloo's Mother ?"

All workers call her Kaloo , they almost sing it.

So I guess no one told the girl about the no touch rule and she kept putting her in my arms,
Sure felt great to hold her she was very baby and went between trying to chew my watch and play with my necklace ( Teenie your New York watch has been taste tested ) .


Ah did I say this girl moves , she was so steady and fast!

4 comments:

  1. Waking up at the crack of dawn to go for a run... And I wake up to this!
    Oh glory day!!!!
    How amazing.... I knew she would still be so little.... A mover? We should have fun bringing her home!
    Can't wait for more!!! wonder what you are doing today?.. Good luck in court.. Sending you guys all my love support and good thoughts.
    BTW.. How did Patricia fair meeting her granddaughter?

    Waiting for more

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this update. Tiny little Kaloo..and moving so much! So excited to hear more. Glad my watch held up to the A test. Thinking of all of you over there and keeping my fingers crossed for court. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Kaloo may become a new nickname? What a fantastic post Shannon! We were all gathered around this morning reading it together and wishing we could share this experience with you (from a closer distance) :) Can't wait to hear more, and keeping all the appendages crossed until court is done! So glad my little one has given you practice with a BUSY little person - they are fun, energetic & charismatic people!!! Soak in the moments to their fullest and keep us updated when you can...... Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Shannon, love this blog..so glad you got to play and hold Kaloo, so happy for you and we were both so excited to get this today! By now we see that it is 9pm your time so you will be heading to bed and ready for court tomorrow....all the best wishes for a great day in court!! Take care, and keep the blogs coming. xoxo

    ReplyDelete