Friday, December 23, 2011

Life at the Markets

Was different than I had imagined from
Pictures I had seen. I always had thought it would be very crowded and a bit scary.There are many people but I guess no worse than the malls these last days. We are always with Marcos our great guide and taxi driver so he knows what shops to take us too but after awhile I started to also know what I was looking for.It took a day or so for me to get a handle on the money but that too is now much easier . I guess it will be no surprise to anyone that most of the shops in these photos have girls dresses in them. I am making sure I bring traditional Ethiopian clothes in all sizes for when she gets older as it will
Not be something I can ever find at home. The funny part is there are ni sizes so I get the "child how old" "fat ? No fat ? " all with little words pretty hard to explain even my guide is very confused that I do not know what size and why we are still looking for more clothes. It is hard to explain that I have to find just the perfect ones and I am
Pretty picky but it has been great fun.

The markets are where you can really see some more of the poor children and the beggars it is always hard but we have been giving out granola bars and this has worked well , except for yesterday a little boy got my moms heart and he knew to stay close and she ended up giving all of them to him but they where both happy. The teenagers are always laughing at her blonde hair but she is good at laughing back she finds it funny as well that they are laughing at her.

I am on a app that now lets insert photos but it also adds capitals when it feels like it , oh well I guess pictures are better than perfect grammar etc.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you both and hoping whatever you are doing, you are having a wonderful Christmas!! All the best - Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking pretty white next to that lady.... And really, could you take more pictures them girl dress stores!!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete