Sunday, December 25, 2011

This sure felt all wrong for Ethiopia

A 8 minute cab ride and it is like arriving in another world one that included armed guards as high X-ray machines just like the airport and then you are in the Sheriton hotel , well it was more than a hotel I an sure the grounds covered at least 5 large city blocks maybe more .

I was happy to be there as I was very interested in a pool , loved the idea that I could do one of my favorite things o on Christmas and swim. I was also happy to be able to sit down with the other adoption families are relax
And not be thinking too much of court etc. One of the families with us flew out to A birth city and saw the first orphanage she lived in for her first few months before she was moved to Addis they have some photo's I can not want to see. They said the roads are very bad and many trucks at night and bad accidents this is scary as we found out they move the babies at night so it will
Be less hot in the van . Looks like
A ' s first car ride was a real
Adventure bumpy back roads and no car seats guess she was
Held by a nurse as she was too little
To sit wonder what she was thinking hope she slept more than cried .

Someone else who met Adea a few days ago gave the same report, she is very happy and does not stop moving . I had shared a picture of her when she was going to visit and it was in her phone . Her son has been with them a few days and he is 3 and just figured out out how to play with the phone.He found Adea 's picture and started talking and pointing and talking some more about her but seeing none of us speak amharic I guess I will
Never know Adea tales he was telling us . It was a good day but funny swimming with 2 children that all
Lived in the same room as my girl for the last six months wish I could have read their minds.

The BBQ and food was very fancy but so was everything about it .I do not feel these photos even come close to showing how big and beautiful it all was. The louge chair one me laugh as I look like I sit around this kinda place everyday .As you leave the reality of poverty is a few steps away , so glad we figured to carry granola bars to give away, They always make the kids so happy and I was extra glad to have them after walking out of this place and back to reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment