Friday, December 23, 2011

Working Backwards

It sure feels like these pictures where taken months ago. I think one thing that surprised me the most was how fast both the flights felt.
The first flight I ended up sitting with an acrobat from Cirque who was heading home for Christmas in France
I was of course laughing to myself at this seating arrangement. He is a working in Montreal for the creation of the new show opening in the spring.

At one point I was almost asleep and he wanted to get out of the seat so I went to move and he just looked at me and laughed and then did some crazy hop /flip move into the aisle , I did not even move an inch and he did some just as crazy move to get back into his seat. His aunt had just adopted from
Haiti so he was pretty excited about me making it to Ethiopia he also thought adopting is harder than jumping for the circus no one has ever compared this one before.The flight to Ethiopia was really exciting I just wish it was not at night as there was nothing to see but the airport. I picked some ski
Movie to watch as I had the attention span of a fly and that was as deep as a plot that I could follow about 10 minutes into the movie the song " one step
Closer to you " came on , and to all of my friends that have been stuck listening to this with me over this last year can get how funny that was.
I guess the flights home will
Not be very much fun but I am already excited to be flying back to Ethiopia and it just can't come fast enough.
Shannon







2 comments:

  1. This has been such a crazy journey, can't believe the cirque dude and one step closer but really what else would I expect? All these signs. Glad to hear from you and hope you are sleeping!! Love the pics keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Shannon...
    I have been without wireless connection for 11 days until today (when we got home from our vacation) and was soooo hoping for better news about your court date. I am so very sorry to hear about your deferral.
    You mentioned that on the day of court, the agency thought that the mowa letter had been written. Do you know if that's been obtained yet, or are you waiting for MOT to reopen post Xmas holidays?
    I guess you have 6 more days to wait until the newspaper ad runs out, and I will pray that these days pass quickly for you.
    I was so glad to see pictures of you and your mom, as well as of ET again...I miss ET, and feel like I'm forgetting it, even though we've only been home with the kids for 7 months.
    I can hardly, hardly wait until you've been home with your little beauty for 7 months, and life has fallen into a new routine for you. It's going to happen, Shannon. Just hang on a little longer!!!

    BLessings, and love,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete